Monday, March 26, 2007

The ship is sinking and I don't care

Flicking through the blog today, I realised that I haven't moaned about my job since September 24th 2006. Sure, the NHS as a whole is going down the pan and is run by a bunch of incompetent lemons, but I've been lucky enough to find my own corner of it which I really enjoy. If the ship is sinking, either get off and swim (to Australia? to work in the city? to go into Public Health?) or find a nice cabin, open up a bottle of port and make sure you enjoy the ride. Captain Hewitt certainly is.


7 comments:

Calavera said...

Hah! Did you make that image??

Anonymous said...

If you can be all you want as a blogger, I'd want to be a body building blogger.

Anonymous said...

It is also good to write about college degree education...it is educational.

The Angry Medic said...

It is also not good to spam people's blogs...it makes me want to bitchslap spammers.

Great image, Doc Vegas. Couldn't have put it better yourself. Is that you I spy on the deck, in the band, playing on? :)

911DOC said...

same but different here in the states. the government badly wants its mitts in medicine and, having worked as a physician in the military and in the veteran's administration system i can't imagine a worse fate. instead, what we have here are some pseudo-government agencies like JCAHO and a raft of federal laws which, in fact, have produced a similar outcome. our ship is sinking too though maybe a the bailers are a little faster here. what a sight to see doctors with picket signs. will follow with interest!

Dr. Deb said...

Sad to report similar things here across the pond.

Calavera said...

Where hast thou disappeared to, oh unsatisfied doc?