Monday, December 05, 2005

"The final stretch"

The weather this weekend has been nice. Sunny, fresh, and no rain. Lots of people out and about, sightseeing, Xmas shopping, having fun. What a shame I've been stuck inside revising for the exams.

Still, there's always next weekend to enjoy. Oh I forgot, I'll be doing a week of nights.

The GP careers talk I went to last week added to the confusion. I now have approximately no idea as to what I will be doing this time next year. I could be in South America, soaking it up in a hot-tub with Uncle Rico, or I could be on a week of nights.

I have decided to spend more money in the next few months. There is no point of working and earning money if it is not spent at least as quickly as it is earned. At least that way it feels like you are working for a reason, rather than simply saving it in a bank so you can give it all away later when you take out a mortgage. I don't think a few thousand quid here or there will matter when I'm three hundred thousand pounds in debt living in my one-bedroom flat in zone 13 and commuting to work. I will begin by buying another iPod.

This might be the path to job satisfaction....

2 comments:

JM said...

Oh yes, iPods are definitely a great investment. I have a 15GB iPod, the iPod shuffle, but now I want one of the pods that can store pictures too, or maybe the one can play videos.

Heidi said...

Goodluck and enjoy your spending spree. NO Ipod or a DVD player..What world am I living in?..lol