Thursday, January 19, 2006

Let the music play

Hurrah! I have access to my music again. For the last few months I have struggled in vain to download the latest upgrade version of iTunes via the internet. Not only do the updates not install on my laptop, but they crash so I haven't been able to listen to the 6000 songs I have "acquired" over the last 2 years. And since my iPod battery died, I have been reluctant to give any more of my money to Apple just now.

Today my brother, who works in a normal job, was given his Christmas bonus - a shiny 60Gb iPod. Aside from the usual thoughts ("sigh, I wish I was in a job where the Christmas bonus was not working a week of nights"), I ripped the installation CD out of his hands and installed iTunes straight away. Wicked. Now I can listen to all my tunes in peace, starting with "Never, never gonna give you up" by Barry White. He remains the daddy.

Apple - I apologise for infringing your copyright agreements yet again, but if you would produce software that worked and hardware that was designed to last for more than 18 months then I wouldn't have to.

2 comments:

JM said...

I'm not sure you are infringing. After all you paid for the iTunes to begin with and the music is part of your library.

Anonymous said...

If I don't find an alternative to that clunky crappy itunes soon I'm gonna smash my ipod mini into Steve Jobs' shiny bald scalp. It has sharp aluminium edges you know.