Tuesday, January 24, 2006

You can buy happiness

A great philosopher once said that the only way to keep sane whilst working in the NHS is to have regular extravagant holidays. I am therefore going to book 3 this week, spread over February and March.

My happiness is apparently inversely proportional to my bank balance. It used to feel good saving money and putting it away so I could buy a house in the future. But why? I can easily take out a loan when the time arises so in the meantime I am going to spend spend spend. My new iPod is finally on the way as well. If anyone has suggestions for things for me to waste money on, let me know. It's party time.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get yer wee ass doon tae loodon!!

There is a city of bright lights and debauchery just waiting for you to visit - and your old pal K wants to go out on a proper bender...

JM said...

iPods rock!!!!!
I didn't do well on my exam (failed by only a couple points). I'm not disappointed though--a little sad. But I've made myself a new schedule and plan to take it sometime soon.

The Venial Sinner said...

I recently read that the Marquis of Bristol blew £30 million smackers on booze so I'm pretty sure you could get rid of your pittance in no time.

Anonymous said...

You'd prolly like the Squeezebox. It's the iPod for the home. Plus, you can use the built-in rss reader in combination with PubMed's rss search feeds to keep up-to-date. Superb piece of kit.

http://tinyurl.com/az3lj