Monday, November 30, 2009

Hedonism (just because you want ethical approval)

I've waited 5 months for ethical approval for my research project.

That leaves 2 weeks to do the actual research and 2 weeks to write it all up (15000 words required). There is also a 5000 word essay that needs writing in the next 3 weeks. As well as a small IT project I've been asked to help with. And a 50 hour a week job.

I saw Skunk Anansie last week. They were excellent. I've waited ten years to see them play. I think one of their songs was written about the Research Ethics Committee that dealt with my project:

I hope you're feeling happy now
I see you feel no pain at all it seems
I wonder what you're doin' now
I wonder if you think of me at all
Do you still play the same moves now
Or are those special moods
For someone else
I hope you're feeling happy now

Just because you feel good
Doesn't make it right, oh no

1 comment:

Kate Mc said...

Dude! You're alive!

I did end up getting the jab... and seem to be doing ok... so... yeah...